Barberry Root Bark helps boost the immune system, fight bacterial infection, and to treat liver disorders. Health benefits include:
- Used to treat many biliary disorders such as gallbladder disease, heartburn, and is also good for many liver complaints due to its ability to increase bile.
- Used to treat diarrhea and can be a good remedy for people suffering from dysentery or cholera.
- Used to reduce fever, improve appetite and relieve upset stomach.
- Been shown to inhibit the growth of bacteria in test tubes, and also may help the immune system function better.
- Helps to dilate blood vessels which can help to lower blood pressure, slow rapid heartbeat, slow breathing, and reduce bronchial constriction.
- Used to ease inflammation and infection of the urinary (bladder and urinary tract infections), gastrointestinal and respiratory tracts (sore throats, nasal congestion, sinusitis, and bronchitis), as well as yeast infections.
- Often used in the same way as Goldensealbecause they both contain the chemical berberine, which has been shown to inhibit the growth of bacteria in test tubes, and may also help the immune system function better.
Alterative, antibacterial, antineoplastic, antiseptic, aromatic, astringent, blood purifier, cholagogue, diuretic, hepatic, hypotensive, purgative (mild), stomachic
Iron, magnesium, phosphorus, Vitamin C, thiamine, vitamin C, beta-carotene, lutein, chromium, cobalt, and zinc.