Black seed has proven to reduce inflammation and relax smooth muscles, easing the symptoms of people with asthma in clinical studies. Combined with its antioxidant properties, these effects help prevent gastrointestinal disorders and relieve related symptoms.
To make black seed oil, follow these steps:
1. Purchase high-quality black seeds
2. Wash the black seeds thoroughly and let them dry completely.
3. Grind the black seeds using a coffee grinder or a mortar and pestle.
4. Transfer the ground seeds to a clean jar.
5. Add enough cold-pressed oil (such as olive oil or coconut oil) to cover the seeds completely.
6. Seal the jar tightly and place it in a warm, dark place for several days.
7. Shake the jar every day to ensure the seeds are evenly distributed in the oil.
8. After a few weeks, strain the oil through a cheesecloth or fine mesh strainer to remove the black seed residue.
9. Store the black seed oil in a dark, cool place in a clean, airtight bottle.