Butterfly pea flower has a variety of potential health benefits, including:
1. Antioxidant Properties: Butterfly pea flower is a rich source of antioxidants which can help protect against cell damage and reduce the risk of some chronic diseases.
2. Brain Function: Research indicates that butterfly pea flower extract can have a positive effect on cognitive ability and memory.
3. Immunity: Compounds found in butterfly pea flower may help boost the immune system and reduce the risk of certain infections.
4. Eye Health: Butterfly pea flower may help to improve vision and reduce the risk of certain eye diseases.
5. Skin Benefits: Butterfly pea flower may promote skin health by reducing inflammation and protecting against UV damage.
Making butterfly pea flower tea is a simple process that only requires a two ingredients.
-1 teaspoon of dried butterfly pea flowers
-1 cup of hot water
1. Place the dried flower in a cup and pour the hot water over it.
2. Let it steep for 5 minutes.
3. Strain the tea and enjoy it either hot or cold.
It is recommended to have 1-2 cups of butterfly pea flower tea daily. If you wish to increase your intake, consult your healthcare provider before doing so.