Stem n Rootz
Pygeum bark 2oz
Pygeum bark 2oz
Pygeum Bark for Natural Prostate & Urinary Support
Pygeum africanum, commonly known as African plum tree, is a traditional herbal remedy used for addressing prostate health and urinary issues. The bark from the African cherry contains beneficial phytosterols, triterpenes and ferulic acid that provide anti-inflammatory and antioxidant effects.
Benefits of Pygeum Bark Tea:
- Alleviates enlarged prostate (BPH) symptoms - Research indicates pygeum can improve urine flow and decrease nighttime urination related to benign prostatic hyperplasia.
- Reduces inflammation - The natural plant compounds in pygeum bark exhibit anti-inflammatory properties that may ease inflammation in the prostate and urinary tract.
- Antioxidant protection - Ferulic acid and other antioxidants help fight free radicals and oxidative stress for overall health.
- Pain relief - Pygeum's anti-inflammatory effects may help reduce pelvic pain associated with prostate inflammation and urinary tract infections.
- Stimulates hair growth - Some studies suggest pygeum may support healthy hair growth by inhibiting DHT production.
Brewing Pygeum Tea at Home:
Add 1-2 tsp dried pygeum bark to 8 oz boiling water. Reduce heat, cover and simmer for 15-20 minutes to extract beneficial compounds from the bark. Avoid over-boiling to preserve potency. Strain tea into cup. For maximum benefits, consider steeping bark overnight before straining. Proper simmering time optimizes the anti-inflammatory and antioxidant activity. Drink 1-2 cups per day or as recommended. Consult your healthcare provider before use.