1. Helps in Skin Care: Sandalwood is known to be instrumental in maintaining the softness and clarity of the skin. It can be used to treat a variety of skin conditions such as acne, blemishes, wrinkles, sores, ulcers, fungal infections, and scars.
2. Aids Hair Loss: Sandalwood powder can be used to prevent hair fall, encouraging healthy and shiny hair growth.
3. Heals Wounds: Sandalwood powder can be applied to wounds to speed up healing and reduce redness and pain.
4. Boosts Immunity: Sandalwood powder can help boost the immune system, helping to fight off infections.
5. Works as an Antiseptic: Sandalwood powder is known to have antiseptic properties, helping to reduce the risk of infection.
6. Enhances Oral Health: Sandalwood powder can help treat and prevent bad breath as well as reduce cavities and other oral diseases. The powder is known to be an antiseptic and has natural astringent properties which can help reduce bacteria in the mouth and limit the severity of cavities and other ailments.
7. Reduces Acne and Other Skin Ailments: Sandalwood powder has many anti-inflammatory properties which can help reduce the redness and swelling associated with acne and other skin ailments. It is known to have cooling properties and can help soothe the skin, reducing irritation and allowing the skin to heal faster.
8. Helps Hair Growth: Sandalwood powder can be beneficial in supporting healthy, strong hair. When applied topically to the scalp, the powder can reduce dryness, reduce itching and dandruff, and promote healthy hair growth.
9. Reduces Inflammation: Sandalwood powder has many anti-inflammatory components in it, which can help reduce the swelling and discomfort associated with many ailments, such as arthritis and joint pain.
10. Skin Benefits: Sandalwood powder can provide relief for many skin issues, such as acne, rashes, and even dandruff. This is due to its anti-bacterial, anti-inflammatory, and astringent properties, which can help reduce the itching, swelling, redness, and other symptoms associated with these skin conditions. In addition, it can also help reduce the appearance of wrinkles, age spots, and scars.
Here are a few ways to use it:
-Mix it with a few drops of jojoba oil and apply to the skin as a facial mask or a spot treatment for acne, wrinkles, or dark spots.
-Add 2-3 tablespoons of sandalwood powder to your bathwater for a luxurious, spa-like experience.
-Create an uplifting, calming scent by burning sandalwood powder in an incense burner or diffuser.
-Make a scrub by combining equal parts sandalwood powder and brown sugar.
-Mix in some sandalwood powder to your clay masks. It’s great for balancing oily skin.
-Combine equal parts of sandalwood powder and water to make a paste and apply topically to the temples and forehead for headache relief.
-Mix sandalwood powder with a few drops of lavender essential oil and massage onto your feet.
-Mix sandalwood powder and coarse sea salt to make a foot scrub.